How to begin ordering your custom dinnerware:
1. Browse our website for inspiration for your own unique dinnerware. Explore our samples of blank pieces to see what style of plate will complement your design.
2. Next, talk with Lois via the phone number or email. With more than 15 years of leading our clients through custom china design, she will aid you in creating one-of-a-kind tableware that your family or corporation will love for generations to come!
3. Our artists will create a custom dinnerware proposal for you to examine. With a staff of experienced, college-educated artists on site, Lois will choose the artist whose creative style best aligns with the vision of your dinnerware. The design proposal is presented to you in a very clear manner (an example is shown at right). Most often, we email these proofs to our client, but we are also happy to mail a hard copy. Your input and suggestions for improving the design are welcomed.
4. When the design is perfected and approved by you, we will create your extremely limited edition of dinnerware with an amazing amount of handwork. Porcelain and ceramic pieces are decorated using the time-tested technique of hand-transferring printed glazes to the dinnerware. Then the plates or other pieces are kiln-fired until glowing hot. Our glazes will never fade or rub off. Decorating with precious metals is available, too. Glass and crystal pieces are engraved by traditional sand-blasting. As you can see, we don't mind doing things the hard way if it leads to a better product (and it does!).
5. Last, we ship the completed tableware to you to be enjoyed for generations.
The work, from concept to finished product, is done in our building in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia so that we oversee every step of the work from concept to shipping. Because of our ability to move quickly from one step to the next, you can be enjoying your custom dinnerware in a matter of weeks.